Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Learning To Create Change





My recent trip to the Oregon Coast turned out to be a lesson on the endless possibilities and the importance of the reduce - reuse - recycle -  movement. CARTM is located between Manzanita and Nehalem on the Oregon North Coast.  They are a  non-profit that is committed to promoting sustainable living and artistic expression through the creative re-use of materials. They collect their community's discards and sort them into reusable, recyclable and trash. They even turn trash into treasures by creating art out of the materials that they take in. If you are ever in that neck of the woods, be sure to stop in! cartm.org










I know that I try to do my part to create a better environment by recycling and composting, but I learned at CARTM that there is so much more that we can do as a community. Look for opportunities to come our way this coming school year!

No comments:

Post a Comment